Discover new insight on the brand as we cover YB employee Oriana Repoli’s first photoshoot with Youngblood, her favorite clean luxury products, beauty trends for 2020 and her go-to, five-minute glam look.
- What was the inspiration behind Youngblood's latest campaign? This campaign was inspired by healthy, flawless skin, in addition to the power of Youngblood products and how they can be used to create a variety of looks. Youngblood chose models with different skin tones to reflect the shade range and inclusivity of skin types within our collections. We began the shoot with a natural and radiant complexion, built on the cheek contour and eyes, and finished the campaign with a glam holiday look.
- What key elements are a must to create this look? Starting with the right primer, keeping the look and the individual's skin type in mind, will allow the foundation to apply smoothly and create the perfect base. For a glowing look we incorporated the new Light Reflecting Highlighters, showcasing each of the shades on different skin tones. The double-sided Weekender Palette was used from start to finish on the eyes and cheeks, with natural eyeshadow shades such as Getaway and Tan Lines used for the first looks. As the campaign moved to a glam, nighttime look, we added Rose, a shimmering raspberry, Private Jet, a shimmering gold and Adventure, a matte black shade perfect for smoky eyes or a liner.
- What are your top tips to achieve a flawless, natural look? Always setting your primer with Mineral Rice Powder before applying the Loose Mineral Foundation, using a creamy concealer instead of something too matte, such as our Ultimate Concealer or Ultimate Corrector which conceals skin imperfections and reflects light to mimic natural skin. The right tools are also important for coverage control - always start with a light application and build product as needed! Youngblood's Luxe Brush collection provides thirteen brushes to choose from, fit for a variety of face shapes and desired coverage level.
- With so many brands on the market what sets Youngblood apart? Youngblood is the pioneer for clean, luxury beauty. The products are created from only the highest quality of ingredients that are both beneficial for skin and high performing. Youngblood's products are suitable for even the most sensitive skin and have the ability to provide coverage for skin conditions such as melasma and rosacea all while feeling lightweight on the skin. The brand's products are curated for consumers looking for the best in beauty and skincare.
- What is your favorite hero product in the collection? The Loose Mineral Foundation for sure! The powder is so silky and buildable, and it provides coverage like no other foundation I have used. When used with the Mineral Rice Setting Powder, your complexion appears airbrushed, while the foundation is still lightweight, and skin looks radiant and not flat.
- What trends can we look forward to in 2020? Glowing, natural skin. A softly illuminated complexion will be more mainstream, with consumers looking for makeup that can work double time as a skincare product. Youngblood's Liquid Foundation is a great example of this, as the formula is infused with ingredients that hydrate, nourish and heal skin that is sensitive or inflamed.
- What’s next for Youngblood? Youngblood will be introducing a line of luxury skincare products this year along with a brand-new foundation formula.
- You have 5 minutes to leave the house. What's your go to look? Start with CC Primer or Moisture Tint to effortlessly create an even skin tone. Both products will have light coverage - the Youngblood CC Primer will mattify the skin and smooth out pores and redness, while the Moisture Tint will add a surge of hydration and a glowing finish. You can add a touch of Ultimate Concealer under the eyes or over any stubborn imperfections. I would then use the Defining Bronzers and Light Reflecting Highlighters to add a quick cheek and eyeshadow; these products are great for multi-use on the complexion and eyes! Next use the dual-ended On Point Brow Pencil to brush up your arches and fill in sparse areas. Finish the look with a few swipes of the Mineral Lengthening Mascara and Mineral Creme Lipstick in Muse (you can also pat some lipstick on to the apples of your cheeks as a blush).
- One product you can't live without. Our Diamond Illuminator! This product is so versatile, I love to use it as a hydrating primer for a radiant base, mixing it into foundations that can use a little more luminosity, or tapping it onto cheekbones as a subtle highlighter. The innovative formula combines finely milled Diamond Powder for a natural glow, as well as Marula Oil, an antioxidant that effectively moisturizes skin and has anti-aging properties.